In this module, we will complete your macrons through this module. To complete it, we will explore the two kinds of macarons’ fillings; a ganache and butter cream filling and master them.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Build a skill of making a ganache filling
- Build a skill of making a butter cream filling
- Build a skill of combining the coques and filling
- Explain the keeping method of the macarons
Learning Activities (April 23-29)
- Review a Cannone’s book
- Watch Ganache filling and butter cream filling videos
- Review how to store macarons
- Complete a blog discussion (due date April 26)
- Complete a picture guide assignment (due date April 29)
- Complete the two peer blog feedback (due date April 29)
Review a book
Cannone, Cecile (2010), Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Café, Berkeley, CA: Ulysses press (ISBN-10: 1569758204, ISBN-13: 978-1569758205): Page 53-93
Watch Ganache filling and butter cream filling videos
- Ganache filling: https://youtu.be/uPrTkuCJYjk (21:30~27:18)
- Butter cream filling
Review how to store macarons
- How did you develop your own macarons? List at least one thing
- What did you learn during this week? List at least one thing
Post them on your word on your blog
- Choose one kind of filling.
- Choose one style of coque.
- Make coque and filling while taking pictures of each order
- Attach the pictures at the assignment document
- Submit to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The color and tasty of macarons has no limit. The mistake will be deduct points, be careful to make them. You must do all of the progress.
Note: No late submission will be accepted
⇧Top ⇦Back to the Module3 | Go to the ETEC676D⇨